Sunday 7 June 2009

Random bloggage

It’s been a while since I last actually wrote anything more than a few lines (if that), so I thought it was about time I strung some of those things called words together. Not that I’ve much to say - I missed Mr Savile earlier in the year through a last minute hitch in travel arrangements (those who know me well know what I’m on about), so I can’t comment about the ‘mass signing’ that went on at Forbidden Planet, although I’m hoping to catch up with him, and possibly the lovely Lady Savile too, in August. Oh, and Steven, if you read this, I’m still waiting for that introduction to Joe Lidster you promised me - I need to know if I have the ability to ‘fangirl’ and/or ‘squee’. And whilst on the subject of Steven Savile (yes sir, you are more than just a man, you are a subject too), I think I’m just as excited about the publication of ‘Silver’ in October - how many countries/languages will it be coming out in now?

There’s also all the lovely Doctor Who events going on around the country: not that I can go to them, being totally skint and being mildly agoraphobic (with nobody to hold my hand) doesn’t help - but I’m enjoying seeing all the piccies on Facebook, and taking pleasure from the enjoyment others are having...

Now, what else has happened... Oh yes, the floods and leaks that my lovely flat has been dishing out. Pretty much sums up how jinxed I feel right now. Yes, I’m still in that dark and lonely place, BUT... I’m weeding out the negatives, and refusing to let them get the better of me any more. There are two major flaws to my theory (work and relationship), but I don’t air my dirty laundry in public, and I’m more than sure that you don’t want to read about such things. I have some wonderful friends in my life (‘specially you - you know who you are), and whilst in the solitude of lonely darkness, one is offered the most amazing environment to sit and count all those small mercies and little blessings, not to mention that guy Mr Michalowski cracking me up.

There was a bit of a surprise a few weeks back too. I won’t go into detail, as it’s not in my nature, but I have to admit that I did think it was wind up at first, so probably didn’t come across too well - but hey...

Moving on: At the end of March I went to a place I’ve been wanting to go to for years: that being York. I can’t believe it’s taken me years just to get back to the county. As a teenager I fell in love with The Dales (thanks to this place), and promised myself that I’d try and visit at least every other year once I was an adult (or move there). But as life happens, other priorities come into play, and before you know it, decades have passed you by. I won’t go into the matter of my climb up the steps of York Minster’s tower, but I do recommend you do it if possible (and thank those two lads and lovely lady for being so understanding, even if somebody else couldn’t). The city is amazing: the Walls, the Shambles, the art gallery (I just loved the painting by the stairs - if you’ve been there and know anything about me, you’ll know why). It was pee’in down with rain and blowing a gale most of the Saturday (yes, being up the tower in that was fun - walking along a wet gantry with only a handrail between you and a rather long drop was the best bit), but I guess that’s just another thing worth visiting the county for *wink*.

Well, that’s it for now... it’s getting late, and I need to save some things for another day (read: can’t think of anything else - but am bound to the moment I switch my laptop off).

Thanks for dropping by... *wavies*...

*

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Always love to here what is on your mind my dear Trudy. love you to pieces! Thanks for the up date.