Friday 11 September 2009

Steve Chats - September 2009

Yes, that's Steven Savile... chatting.... online!!!

SEPTEMBER 3, 2009 -

LA, the Roosevelt Hotel, to be precise, holds a special place in my heart. In 2003 I spent a week there attending a workshop run by Tim Powers and KD Wentworth. It was the week that changed my life. The one that convinced me I might have a career here. Kevin J Anderson, David Carradine, Bill Widder, and Charles Brown came to talk to us and convince us to quit (well in Charles' case). Bill gave us a great talk about pulps. Carradine rambled incoherently and was a salutary lesson of the ills of celebrity, and KJA talked business. It was an inspirational talk. Powers gave so graciously of his time and craft, and as a counterpoint Kevin essentially said 'you want to survive, know these things...'

Continued here...

No comments: