Wednesday 1 April 2009

April Fool

Prank played on the members of Torchwood Forum:

It is with great regret that I must inform the members of Torchwood Forum that effective immediately, all Moderators have been removed from their positions & had their privileges revoked. Yesterday evening, it came to my attention that Moderators had been disclosing confidential information from the Moderators Boardroom to other Registered Users on the forum.

As Moderators, they are kept informed of forum developments and information about the future of the website and its yearly events. This information is given to them in trust on the understanding that they will not disclose it or discuss it with anyone outside the staff forum.

Amongst the information which was leaked was the planned date for this years Cardiff Meet Up as well as information pertaining to a possible merger of our forum with another Torchwood website. This information has only been discussed in our staff forum and I was alerted to the breach of confidentiality relating to the Meet Up when I received a Private Message from one forum member thanking me for announcing the date as they have now been able to book their flights so they can be in the UK for our Cardiff event later this year. The information regarding our merger with another site has been discussed on a forum members Facebook profile yesterday afternoon. This information could only have come from one or more of our Moderators.

Understandably, I have attempted to find out who has been leaking this information. In confronting the Moderators, two of them decided to resign. As they have informed me that one or more of the other Moderators had also been passing information from the staff room on, but they are not prepared to admit it, I have taken the decision to replace all forum Moderators.

As I'm sure you can imagine, this comes as a complete shock & disappointment to me and I’m sure it does to you all as well. Forum Moderators have a tough job, but they do get some perks, one of which the involvement and planning of the website & it's future. This betrayal of trust cannot be dismissed and I feel my actions are justified.

There will therefore be Moderator positions available which I would like to fill before next weekend (11th April 2009). Previously, applications for staff positions have only been accepted from Torchwood Elite members, but due to the urgency of filling these positions, I would like to invite all users to apply if they feel they have got what it takes. As a moderator, you will be expected to enforce the Rules & Registration Agreement of TorchwoodForum.co.uk. As well as enforcing the forum rules, you may also need to conduct some administrative tasks such as dealing with reported posts/topics/users, moving/locking/editing/splitting posts & topics etc.

Site Administrator


I won't say how many fell for it... but it worked...
:D

1 comment:

Tristan said...

Well... I received seven applications for the Moderator positions this morning! I think this prank caused quite a stir! :o)