Thursday 23 July 2009

Liar, liar, pants on fire

I’m in a bad mood today, so thought I’d have a moan. But not about what has actually put me in a bad mood - you really don’t want to get me started on that one.

No. Today I’m going to whinge about liars. Not those who tell a little white lie to save somebody’s feelings, or to keep a confidence - those are nice lies. Nor do I mean the lies that are really just a stretching of the truth, usually borne out of pride or a little too much excitement.

What I’m talking about is the whoppers: the boasters who have nothing to boast about, so make things up to look good: the bullsh** lies. Those that do these wonderful things, or know personally these wonderful people, even though everyone around them knows ‘full well’ they don’t. And boy! do they throw the toys from the pram when you dare to challenge them.

And, of course, there’s the sh** stirrer’s lies: the ones said to cause trouble. I’ve had some of these directed at me recently. Sadly, though, I’m use to it, and really don’t care what these people have to say any more. They are nothing but petty-minded individuals whose only pleasure in life seems to be making others miserable. I’m sure you know a few yourself.

Yeah, sure, I’ve told some whoppers in my time: who hasn't? But I gave those games up when I stopped being a child, so to see grown adults still doing it is quite amusing. Especially when they actually start to believe the lies themselves after a while - that’s the best bit. And even better if they forget what they’ve said. Although, catching out a bullsh** liar is one thing, but getting a sh** stirring one is hilarious.

Signed: Moody of M*******

P.S. Might whinge about those who can't be grateful for what they have next time... ;)

*

No comments: